I miss Africa.
I miss the simplicity of that place.
I miss fitting in with dirty, hole-y clothing.
I miss not caring what my hair looks like,
not caring who the actress is dating,
how fat I am.
I miss living day to day finding my own entertainment.
I miss the diet of rice and beans.
I miss fresh fruit from trees.
I miss not having money to deal with.
I miss sitting down with my neighbor,
making friends with strangers,
the red dirt.
I miss the simple life,
no front, no impressing, just the essentials.
I miss the blind acceptance.
the curiosity of strangers,
the friendly hellos.
I miss the realism of issues,
no beating around the bush, in the bush.
I miss the worship,
the urgency, the need,
the desperation.
I miss the faith.
I miss the day to day living.
I miss the trust.
I miss the simplicity that I found,
and have seemed to have lost.
No comments:
Post a Comment